Friday, January 3, 2020

Influence in Media "Representation"

In this post I will be talking about representation and the significance this word has in media. Representation is the way the media portrays a particular group or community. The media may change the way a particular event is seen. People tend to believe what the media puts out. A great example is in politics. Usually when a politician gives its speech, the media tends to make the speech support there side and it is not what that person meant to say. In representation, codes are used in the media to make the magazine look as relevant to the problem as possible and so that it attracts the people interested in that topic.
For the magazine that I will be creating, I need to make sure that my sports athlete is represented to the best of my abilities. I will need to use the codes correctly so I gain an audience that will be interested in the magazine that I create.

Source:
  • “Representation.” Media Studies Private Community., https://media-studies.tki.org.nz/Teaching-media-studies/Media-concepts/Representation.

No comments:

Post a Comment