Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Question 1: How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1bb3EdxeAw


Transcript:
My magazine does use conventions that I have learned through creating this process. First I will start off with the cover. The conventions on the cover are the masthead which is  the "Locker Room". I also have Cover lines so that I let the reader know what the article is going to talk about. In the magazine the image on the front so that I let the reader now who the magazine is about and what sport it will be on. This image is suppose to look like other sport magazines where a top athlete is shown on the cover. I also believe this athlete is one that people will look up to in the near future. There is also on the margin coverlines to let the reader know what the magazine does feature and what to look ahead for. This might want to make someone buy the magazine. Then on the content page the athlete shows up again but in a different picture. The picture insures that the reader knows who the athlete is and show the reader what he is known for. Then to keep the audience engaged in my magazine I changed the color scheme like the cover was burgundy background and now the lettering of the cover page was burgundy. This allows me to make sure that the audience does not get bored of the magazine. Another aspect of the content age is that I wrote a little bit to give a sneak peak to the reader so they may read the stories that interest them the most. Finally on the double page spread, I kept it very simple with a nice image of the athlete on one page and the article on the other. I felt that the title of the article would catch the readers attention.
This magazine could be read by anyone but people that would read this magazine would be athletes and people interested in the world of sports. The article may give them inspiration by hearing a kids life story that with hard work and people believing in him, got him to where he is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment