Thursday, November 7, 2019

Sample Cover Evaluation

Evaluation:
The preliminary task has allowed me to gain an understanding on how to approach the cover, table of contents, and double page spread. It has also allowed me to use different samples from the internet so that I am able to create my own samples to then creating the actual original magazine. To create the cover I used a website called poster my wall and I have became comfortable using the website and now it gives me a variety of options to use like indesign when creating my magazine.

Layout:
The layout of the cover sample I created was taken by a sports illustrated magazine that I had seen at the stores. Also the image used was from a player of the American Senior High School team. Also through my surveys the students would love to see the schedule so I inputted some upcoming games so that the students may go out and watch the games.

Text Style and Photography:
Through my own research I used the colors of the school for the magazine and for the text. The use of the font and color is to engage the reader as the color makes the words pop out in front of the main image. I also made the image the biggest part of the magazine because through my research, images is what engages the audience. But what I learned through the process is that the image should have no background and the next time I create my cover I will ensure that I fix that issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment